Follow on Strava

Wednesday 12 November 2014

Day 12 – November 12, 2014 - Dec Semi Formal Dress Shopping - Groceries - Cafe Time & to Airport

Ferry to Hornby Island - where the Mtn
Bike Trails are awesome.

Spent the past week here on Vancouver Island with my terrific Daughter Robin. She has been on reading break from UVIC. We had such a good time … she enjoyed being ‘taken care off’, and still doesn’t want me to leave. (Awesome!)

Had a super time with friends Bonnie & Craig and kids in Tofino and Stefan in Denman.
Robin Howard - Good Canadian.






Denman Island, with Great Friends Stefan & Harold.

Robin & 800 year old tree.



Childhood friend Bonnie w kids Des & Abbey -
and my girl Robin behind. Surfers!

We're not posing. We always stand like this.

Chesterman Beach South.

Tofino Cross Walk - Surfing Robin Howard

Tasting Beer - Tofino Brewing Company.




Beautiful Surf Morning at Tofino's Chesterman Beach South with Robin Howard & Bonnie Davidson.

Robin and Bryon doing a selfie in Hornby Island.
Sister Pauline Howard said, "Modern Day Emily Car".

Since starting my ride in Banff I have considered all sorts of cycling adventures including: Nepal, India, Cambodia, Vietnam, China, Tibet, & Argentina.
I’ve been stressing a wee bit over routes and how to do it best. How to really get the best bang for my buck.

The question is:
What do I want?

I want to make the most off a ‘forced’ 90 day sabbatical.  Key word being ‘forced’.
I’m already thinking of it as a gift.  Thank you RECA.  However, it must be used carefully – and well.

At ‘nearly 48’ years old – I am in the peak earning years of my life. (At least I have never been more financially successful to date as I have in the last 18 months.)
I’m at a stage when I can be ramping up … or ramping down.  I have peers/colleagues/friends doing both.

I want to be ramping up.
My plan to get the best bang from this 90 day sabbatical:
  • ·      Do something that scares me a bit;
  • Because Shirley is working (and at home with our Grade 12 son) and I’m alone – to do something that she would not ‘willing’ do at this point in her fitness career.
  • ·     To fall asleep each night – feeling exhausted.
  • ·      To be excited pursuing something that makes me wake up early – and go to bed early.
  • ·      To take some time to do ‘all the things’ I wanted to do (in my business) ‘forever’ and haven’t taken the time to do. (I need to create a list. Note to self – do this by Dec 15.)


Time to board the plane. Sitting here in Victoria. Current plan:
Fly Vancouver – Taipei – Bangkok. Buy a ticket to Chang Mei. Bike to Laos … then make my way to Phuket to crew at Kings Cup ... Asia’s biggest sail boat race.


However … I’m still dreaming off the Himalaya’s.  (Not too late to book 'next' flight ... and still unsure where I will 'land'. That's the beauty (and frustration) of traveling solo!

Rolling.

6 comments:

  1. Bryon, this is freaking inspiring! !!!!!!!!!!! Love it. Are you going to sail on a yacht?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Aleksey. I put the word out ... that I was looking to crew at Kings Cup in Phuket - Asia's biggest sailboat race. I have two offers. :-)

      Delete
  2. Woo hoop!! Living vicariously through you Bry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That coming from you Greg ... means alot! :-)

      Delete